Submitting an app is easy. Just visit apps.virtualreality.io, sign in, and click New App. Follow the prompts, submit your app for review, and you’re done!
The following criteria is required for all submitted apps:
- Your app must be Oculus Rift compatible.
- Your app must launch directly into a 1280×800 VR view without any prompts. In other words, your app can not pop up a window asking for resolution settings or game quality. Your app must launch immediately into a fullscreen Oculus Rift-compatible game view. If your app needs further configuration, this must be done inside the VR view. This step is necessary so that users can seamlessly browse through apps without losing the VR experience.
- Your app should not crash or cause any malfunction to a standard Windows 8 PC or Macbook Pro.
- Go to apps.virtualreality.io
- Sign in
- Click the New App button.
- Fill out the App Submission form and be sure to upload some images and a ZIP containing your app.
- Click the Submit button.
- You won’t be able to make further edits until your app is approved AND at least one user has rated it. After that, you’ll be able to edit your app again.
- That’s it!